MRI | Magnetic Resource Inventory
MULTIPLE RESEARCH STUDIES SUGGEST THAT THE COST OF REPLACING KEY PEOPLE RUNS BETWEEN 70 AND 200 PERCENT OF THE PERSON'S ANNUAL SALARY.
Worsening nursing shortages across the United States have increased the need to direct special attention to the workplace culture and its impact on retention. The Mississippi Office of Nursing Workforce (ONW), in collaboration with Dr. Beverly Smallwood, a noted healthcare psychologist, developed a workplace culture assessment survey designed to measure the gap between the importance employees place on workplace issues and how well they believe the workplace is performing.
The Magnetic Resources Inventory (MRI) outperforms the general employee satisfaction surveys you may have conducted in the past. When you use the MRI, you'll glean quantitatively and qualitatively rich, practical information. These data will allow you to understand and benchmark what specific groups of your employees value, and you'll be able to compare this with what they have experienced in your workplace. Based on these findings, you'll be able to plan efficient and effective laser-like interventions that make the most of your investments of precious time, energy, and money.
The MRI is easy to administer, either on paper or online. In either case, confidentiality and anonymity assurances are built into the administration so that respondents feel comfortable being candid. Most people complete the MRI in approximately 25 minutes. MRIUniqueBenefits
- Identification of what employees value - The MRI gives you critical information about the values by which your people measure their work experience.
- Comparison of what they value with what they experience - The MRI compares what your employees want with what they perceive they get from your workplace. The Gap Analysis - If you do not know how important an issue is to the employee, you can not prioritize. This creates a more accurate picture of what is going on in the minds and hearts of the people on whose attitudes and performance your workplace's success depends.
- Multiple applications -
- Exit Interviews - A special version of the MRI allows you to survey those who have terminated to learn what factors contributed most to their decisions to go elsewhere.
- Leadership development - Departmental results can aid you in diagnosing the strengths and challenges of individual leaders, identifying specific leader competencies and habits that need to be improved. This will aid you in planning training workshops or coaching experiences to enable your leaders to function at their best.
- Team coaching - Departmental leaders can use the MRI data for discussions with their teams to pinpoint the specifics of the findings and gather and implement improvement ideas.
- Individual coaching - The MRI results may be used in one-on-one coaching discussions between manager and employee, providing a framework for communication about the person's work experience.
- Work Load
- Learning and Growing
- Reward and Recognition
- Work Relationships
- Workplace Practices
- Customer Service
- Leadership: Self Management
- Leadership: Interpersonal Habits
Support and Consultation from our Experienced and Professional Team
You won't have to go it alone. In addition to their impressive education and professional training, our team of MRI developers and consultants have practical experience in healthcare settings. When we work with you, we speak your language and understand your challenges.
We'll be with you through set-up, administration, interpretation, and strategic planning. Our goal is to help you turn what you learn into positive action that makes a real difference to your employees, your customers, and your bottom line.
Our team will help you create the kind of healthcare workplace where:
- talented people learn of your reputation as an employer and want to become a part of your team;
- existing team members become emotionally bonded and committed to their team, their customers, their work experiences, and the workplace;
- your good employees are not vulnerable to seduction by gimmicks, signing bonuses, or simple "chance to escape";
- your employees' love and commitment for their work shows and customers feel the difference;
- strong, caring leaders both model and coach the behaviors the workplace needs to be successful; and
- employee productivity, decreased turnover, and customer retention enhance your workplace's financial health.
To explore how the MRI can help your organization achieve these results, please contact us.